Discover the depth of Mezcal
More Than Meets The Eye. It would be impossible to cover everything you need to know about the history of mezcal in a single tasting experience. However, this relatively in-depth overview will cover the basics of mezcal’s roots, help you better understand the variety of agaves in relation to mezcal, and why it’s such an important part of Mexican culture and history.
- Savor the flavor of mezcal cocktail as we welcome you to El Tasting Room, Vallarta's premier tequila, mezcal and agave spirit bar.
- Learn the history of mezcal from a Mezcalier as you taste 5 unique bottles and explore the differences between them
- Walk away feeling confident in your understanding of agave spirits
Monday, Wednesay & Saturday
1pm or 7pm
1 tour guide
Tour takes place rain, or shine
WHAT TO WEAR:
Comfortable clothing and shoes
All fitness levels and must be over 18
None, once you arrive!
5 Mezcal tastings, welcome Mezcal cocktail, expert tour guide, tasting map with insiders recommendations
El Tasting Room
#1 Tour company in Puerto Vallarta with over 3700 reviews
Tour highlights include:
What to expect from this experience?
Behind The Drink – Tequila vs Mezcal are close cousins and by the end of this tour you will understand the difference between the two.
Mezcal can be made from more than 50 different agave varietals. Learn and taste the five most common varietals and find the one(s) you like the most!
Love of Discovery - Whether you're a mezcal aficionado or just starting your journey, you'll walk away surprised by the beautiful tastings and a love for this versatile spirit.
Meet your Maestro!
He's pretty great!
Why choose this experience?
- Not Your Average Mezcal Tasting. Our goal is to educate you on the difference between a quality drink and overpriced, celebrity endorsed bottles. Walk away knowing how to purchase mezcal you'll love to drink.
- A Range Of Flavors. It’s too hard for us to pick just one which is why we introduce you to a range of flavors. This includes a welcome Mezcal Cocktail!
- The Best Of Vallarta. Our small group tastings introduce you to the special flavors that make our Mexican spirits so unique. This goes beyond the popular bottles to the industry favorites you might not find on your own.
STRESS FREE REFUND POLICY
What our clients are saying
This was the best tour I have ever been on. The food was delicious and the drinks were amazing!!! Our guide Juri was the best!!! We will definitely take this tour and use this company again!!!! I would highly recommend this company for any type of local tours in Puerto Vallarta!!- Majafa from California
This is the second year in a row that we've taken this tour... Amanda is fantastic!
I highly recommend this tour. You will have great food and drinks and visit out of the way places you would probably just walk by if on your own. -Mary from Toronto
We ate, drank and laughed our way through the afternoon/evening. We visited places we never would have ventured in to otherwise. The only downside was it felt like ended way too soon!!! 🙂 We will be back in PV next April and we wouldn't hesitate to do another tour. Tara from Vancouver
El Tasting Room
Come to El Tasting Room, featuring a Mexican-only menu of Spirits, Artisanal Beers and Wines.