Enjoy 5 handcrafted cocktails and 5 food tastings!
Drink your Way Through Vallarta and discover local favorites. Explore Vallarta's unique craft cocktail scene and find out some of the locally renowned cocktail spots. You will explore the 5 different Agave Spirits: Tequila, Mezcal, Racilla, Pulque and Sotol. Not only will you get to taste them alone in all their glory, you'll then taste a cocktail from some of the best mixologists in Puerto Vallarta!
- This 4-hour experience is the perfect dinner and cocktail tour! Your expert guide will introduce you to the best indigenous spirits and regional cocktails in Vallarta.
- You will sample Tequila, Mezcal, Racilla, and even a local craft beer mixed into a special regional cocktail by a master Mexican Mixologist.
- To keep you on your feet you will enjoy a few tacos along the way, including a one-of-a-kind seafood stuffed jalapeño taco, carne asada taco, and more.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
Departs at 3:30pm
1 tour guide
Tour takes place snow, rain, or shine
WHAT TO WEAR:
Comfortable clothing and shoes
All fitness levels and must be over 18
7 tastings. expert tour guide, tasting map with insiders recommendations
Joe Jack's Fish Shack
#1 Tour company in Puerto Vallarta with over 2200 reviews
Joe Jacks famous fish taco
Carne asada taco
What to expect from this tour?
Behind The Drink(s) – Tequila, Mezcal, Sotol and Racillia are close cousins and by the end of this tour you will be familiar enough to taste and explain the difference! Go beyond the standard and learn about Pulque, the grandfather of the agave world that dates back to the Aztecs. Soak in delicious creations made by Vallarta’s best Mexologists.
History – Our guides and local mixology experts will share the storied history behind these spirits, from how they're made and what makes a great agave spirit to more about the regions they come from. After enjoying these delicious spirits and elevated cocktails, you will be sure to find a new favorite place to be and return before your time in Puerto Vallarta comes to and end.
Why take this tour?
- Not Your Average Tequila Tasting. You won’t walk more than a few blocks in Vallarta without being offered a Tequila tasting, but the goal of those tastings is to make a sale no matter the quality. Here our goal is to educate you on the difference between a quality drink and a run of the mill creation so you have the power to purchase good Tequila in the future.
- A Range Of Flavors. Variety is the spice of life and when we have access to so many quality Tequilas, we just have to introduce you to a range of flavors. Though we don't have favorites, one highlight is a Mezcal Cocktail made with fresh lime, cucumber, and a secret signature ingredient. Spice it up even more with a Jalapeño Margarita made by hand with fresh all-natural ingredients. Then explore a lesser known Agave, Racilla, combined with lime, pineapple and salt. And that's just a taste of what's to come.
- The Best Of Vallarta. Our small group tours introduce you to the hidden gems that make our craft cocktail scene so unique. Don't get scammed on the normal strip, join us beyond the popular tourist spots and explore the local favorites you might not find on your own.